Aug 30, 2011

The Latest News....

Sorry I'm not blogging as much these days friends, I've just been busy getting things ready for baby, trying to keep up on laundry and house cleaning, keeping my fridge stocked, etc. My blog has been on the back burner a bit but I will try and post when I can.

A sweet friend offered to take some maternity photos of me a couple weeks ago and oh how I love them. They turned out great! It was my first time having them done and it made me wish I would have done them with each pregnancy. Oh well, at least baby #3 gets something special :)

















I'm 39 weeks, 2 days today. Getting very close. Yesterday I had pains and contractions on and off during the day and they were increasing and becoming a lot more painful last night around dinner time and I was beginning to think it might be time soon. I laid down for awhile though and they stopped. Nope, not time! I slept well last night and am doing ok today so far. If nothing happens today I have my appt with my midwife tomorrow morning. She told me last time I saw her she would check me at this appt if I wanted....to see if I'm dilated at all. I typically decline as it's uncomfortable and I don't see much point in it other than curiosity but we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Typically I am not one to dilate early on. Even once in labor it takes me forever to dilate and for things to really get going...hence my long labors. I'm praying things are different this time and that it's a much faster delivery and as pain free as possible. I'm praying I can get my epidural at just the right time and that it works and that pushing is quick also. That's the worst part for me by far. I'm dreading it. I've been praying a lot about it though and God's given me peace and I have a lot of friends who have been praying also for a speedy delivery.

I'm so anxious to meet our little Lincoln. I've been dreaming about him for the past couple years and am excited it's almost time to meet him. I'll be sure and post a quick update tomorrow after my appt. if nothing happens before then.

My prediction has been that he will come on Friday, September 2nd, 20.5 inches long and 7lbs,6oz. or close to that. Some think this baby will be over 8lbs, I would be shocked!! I feel I look the best this time and am the smallest I've been with all of my pregnancies. Of course I am still big, seeing as I'm 9 months pregnant (ha!) but in comparison I don't think this little one will is bigger. Of course if he comes a week late then I will be changing my guess on the weight. I'm due this Sunday, the 4th.

The kids are doing well. Ethan just got over a little cold which he passed on to his little sister. She seems to have it worse and has had a cough for the past 5 days or so. She's still pretty happy for the most part but I'm praying she gets rid of this cough before we bring little Lincoln home. They are doing well otherwise though and are always loads of fun.

Ethan's latest thing is asking "why?" for everything. He's just been doing this the past few days, it cracks us up. Gracelyn is really getting old, talking so much and is pretty much a duplicate of her brother in the things she says and the way she says them. It's so funny how much she does and says whatever big brother does. Jeremy asked her last night if she had any of her own originals....ha! Those two sure are a team and I hope they are ready to add one more to their cute little team :)

We took the kids to the zoo for the first time on Friday. It was fun. They are still kinda little to really enjoy it but we had a nice time and Ethan liked the zebras :) A lot of the animals were sleeping though which was a bummer, but, it's summertime in Michigan so that's a given. I hadn't been to the Detroit Zoo since I was like 10 so it was fun to go.









I've been keeping busy with my photography business which has been fun. I squeezed in one last session this past Sunday before I'm taking a break for a little while. It was my first referral from another client and my first complete stranger :) They are proud new parents of a little baby girl, just 5 days old. It was a great session and I got the sweetest pictures. Here are some favorites:















She is precious huh? I have 4 people on a waiting list right now who want to book a session with me in late Sept/Oct when I am ready to book sessions again. Exciting! I'll have to see how I feel and figure out how to do the sessions with a nursing newborn but I'm sure I'll figure it out :)

Well, that's all for now. Be on the lookout for a "He's here!" post in the near future. We hope to have a special little video to share once he arrives.

Much Love,



No comments: