Jan 20, 2011

Psalms and Photos

"Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you." Psalm 37:3-5

I read these passages yesterday morning while I was reading my Bible and decided they were so good that I must memorize them. I haven't memorized scripture in a long time and I want to get back into doing it. It's so important to hide God's word in our heart. Life is full of ups and downs and I know when I'm down it's reading the Word....the Bible...that encourages me. It gives me hope, joy and peace.

I love the Psalms. They are so refreshing and just full of encouragement. Great verses to dwell on.

It's been a little while since I've posted....sorry! All is well here :) I'm 7 1/2 weeks along with our new little one and doing pretty good. Still feeling nauseous at times and am still extremely tired all the time but doing good - nothing to complain about! I have my first appt. on Monday but it's just for paperwork and blood work. Fun! Ha. In a couple weeks I'll meet my new doctor and hear the heartbeat. Oh how I can't wait for that appt! God truly has given me peace during this pregnancy and I really have no fear of miscarriage - but, I still am anxious to hear that sweet sound...our new little one's heartbeat. It just makes it so real and exciting.

The kids are well. I can't believe Ethan will be 3 next month - time sure does fly by. He is such a joy and melts my heart daily. He's so fun and silly and yet so sensitive too. He couldn't be any cuter and I just love him with my whole heart.

Gracelyn is 19 months and full of life! She makes the funniest expressions with her eyes and mouth and she's just a hoot! I love that little girl so much - and can't seem to stop kissing her cheeks. And brother bear's too.

Jeremy and I were just saying the other day how it's kinda weird to think about a new baby entering our lives. We're so used to just Ethan and Gracelyn that it's hard to imagine another little boy or girl. What they will look like, what their personality will be like....it's fun to think and dream about! At least for me :)

Well, tomorrow morning I leave for an entire weekend getaway! Ahhh! I am really excited but also going to miss my babies and hubby like crazy. I've never been away from Gracelyn overnight and I've only been away from Ethan when I went in to the hospital to deliver Gracelyn. I am just not that mom who desires to be away from her kids much. While I know it's good for me, I just miss them like crazy.

For those of you who don't know, I'm going about an hour or so away to a Bed & Breakfast that is only for scrapbookers. That's right....an entire weekend to work on my albums! I've always wanted to do something like this - so it really will be a nice time for me. I'm almost at Ethan's 2nd birthday in his album so I plan to try and get a little more caught up on his album and then also work on my Christmas album. We get served and cooked for all weekend too - it sounds wonderful :)

My cousin's baby shower is on Sunday at 2 so I am going straight from there to her shower...so I won't be home until probably 6 or so on Sunday evening. I will be sooo ready to see my babies and hubby! And I'm sure he'll be ready for me to be home too :) Thank you sweet angel for letting me go this weekend and enjoy myself. You're the best husband and daddy ever! I love you forever.

Well, I've been slacking a bit with pictures of the kids lately so this morning I did a little photo shoot of them. I love capturing these moments of their lives - they are just so sweet and I couldn't be more in love with them!

Enjoy the photos :)







2 comments:

Claire said...

I know you already know this... but you sure do have the most beautiful babies!!! What you said about memorizing Scripture really struck a chord with me... I used to be on a Bible Quiz team in middle school...where I had to memorize and KNOW entire chapters or books of the Bible. I really miss that strong connection that memorization gave me with the Word. I really do desire to get back into memorizing too! Have fun on your weekend away! Can't wait to hear all about it! It sounds like a lot of fun :)

Happy Mama (Lisa Gonzalez) said...

love the pics!

I'm sure you will have a fabulous time this weekend. I've been dreaming about going on a weekend art retreat. Same kind of set up. They look HEAVENLY! When Jack weans I plan on going to my first one.

Anyway, glad you are getting some time to do what love and just relax and have fun. Enjoy!