Oct 16, 2010

7 things about me :)

I was tagged in a blog post from my sweet friend Claire with 7 questions to answer about myself that she asked. So, here you go friend, thanks for the fun little game :)

1. What is the one thing you can always do that "brings you back"....? (i.e. when you're really stressed or upset, what one thing helps you re-focus and find your feet again?)

Many things. Of course reading my Bible and spending time with Jesus would definitely be my first answer. He fills my life with joy and hope. I would also have to say talking to my hubby. If I'm ever upset about anything he always knows exactly what to say to comfort me and I always feel so much better. I love that man! And lastly, an ice cold Coca-Cola :) I love that stuff!

2. Who is someone you know personally who has qualities you want to emulate? I would have to say my close girlfriend, Brooke. She is pretty much one of the most amazing women I have ever met in my life. She's an amazing wife, mom, friend...she challenges me in so many areas of my life. As a wife, mom, friend, daughter of God - so glad God brought us together.

3. What is the best time of your day and why? Hmm, not sure that I have a best time. I guess I would say getting my kids up in the morning. I love how happy they are to see me each morning (Ok, sometimes Ethan gets mad I'm not Daddy) and I love the "I just woke up" look, their warm cheeks that I get to kiss a hundred times. Favorite! I also love getting into bed at night...now that my clean, warm flannel Christmas sheets are on the bed :)

4. What is your all time favorite song... your anthem? Wow. Favorite song of all time? That's a tough one. I think I'm gonna have to go with Amazing Grace. Yes, it's an oldie but such a goodie! :) My very favorite is Amazing Grace on the bagpipes. I cry even thinking about that combo.

5. What is a dream you have that has been put on the back burner? Hmm. I kinda pursued one of my dreams a few years back (starting an in home daycare) so I can't think of any others. I'm married and am a momma, those were two dreams of mine that have been fulfilled also :)

6. What makes your husband the perfect man for you? His love for Jesus. He's always been a Godly leader and I admire Him so much. We are just the perfect fit, we think a lot alike, he likes chick flicks like me (hehe), he is sweet, thoughtful, caring and compassionate...he makes really cute babies...umm, the list could go on and on ♥

7. What's one thing can make you smile no matter what? I'm cheating and listing two things. Ethan and Gracelyn. They have brought so much joy to my life, they are such gifts from God. No matter what kind of day I'm having, they can make me smile instantly by their cuteness, silliness, and sweetness. I love being a mom!

Hope you enjoyed reading these little tidbits about me :)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Aw, Keri thanks for answering my questions :) It was so neat to read your answers and to get to know you a little bit better! Your answer "Amazing Grace" made me close my eyes and imagine that song being played on the bagpipes.. definitely one of those combo's that could make you cry :) Love that idea! It's so fun to hear what other mom's appreciate about their kids because it makes me realize that I appreciate those things too even if they're not the first things to come to my mind..... for example when you mentioned that you love getting Ethan and Gracelyn out of bed each morning, it made me think about how much I love that with Peyton too :) :) It's a blessing to know you!