Oct 13, 2010

I love my friends!

So last night was my mom's night out, which I planned :) There were 6 of us mommas and we started out the night by having a quick dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. Yum! We then went and saw "You Again" which I must say is a super cute movie, funny and most importantly clean! Not an easy combination to find these days, that's forsure.

The movie was over by 9 and so a few of us headed over to Starbucks after to chat. It's so funny because I've never liked coffee and have always wished I could find something I like at Starbucks. You know, so I could fit in to the cool people club ;) I love hot chocolate but have never liked the hot chocolate at Starbucks either. Well, my girlfriends suggested Peppermint Hot Chocolate and let me tell you, I am addicted! It was so so yummy and I left so excited that I now have a drink I like there...although it may not be the best thing seeing as Starbucks isn't the cheapest place around. Ha.

The 3 of us girls that went sat down and pretty much talked until they kicked us out at 11pm. It was such meaningful and deep conversation about our lives and I loved every second of it. I love quality time with friends, it is much needed and so important. My one girlfriend and I left together and then chatted in my car for another hour which I loved. I feel like we could talk forever. She is one of those friends who I feel like I can totally be me with. We get each other. We have so much fun when we're together, always laugh but yet we have that closeness and meaningful conversation too. And we are both mommas so we share that also. She reminds me a lot of one of my old best friends (Yes, I'm talking about you Agnes (and no, that's not really her real name. Ha)and it warms my heart. God has blessed my life with such amazing, Godly girlfriends and I'm so thankful!

That's all for now, folks. Oh, and one more thing, anyone wanna bring me a Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks? :) It totally reminds me of Christmas time too...Peppermint Hot Cocoa...which I so love! I just love Christmas and everything that goes with it. Ok, minus Santa. But everything else about the season I love. It's my very favorite time of year.

I can't wait for our next mommas night out, it is already in the works for November. We all decided we should make it a monthly thing, after all, us mommas need it and deserve it!

On a side note, I must just tell you all how adorable and cute my little boy is. Each morning when I get him up we come downstairs and I let him pick which cereal he would like for breakfast. The choices are usually Kix, Life, Raisin Bran or Crispix. Something like that. It's so cute because I'll take all the boxes out for him to see, ask which one he wants and he first says, "Uhhh...." like he's thinking. He then looks at all the boxes carefully (after all, this is a big decision) and then he looks at me and gives me the cutest, most precious, biggest smile. He does it every morning. It's like he gets excited that he has all of these choices to choose from. It's just soo cute and he melts me!

Stay Blessed,
Momma Keri ♥

No comments: