Aug 20, 2010

Big Boy Bed....

Next month we plan on making the big transition. Converting Ethan's crib into a big boy bed! Sigh. Is it really that time already? My baby boy is growing up a little too fast. I can't believe my little Valentine baby is already 2 1/2 years old. I have cherished watching him learn and grow up and he's really becoming a little man. There is a special sweetness about him that I love and adore. What a precious son he is to me. I love that kid!

So back to the bed...our plan is to make the transition when we get back from our vacation at the end of next month. I didn't want to make the transition soon to just go back to sleeping in a porta-crib for a week while we are on vacation. I think he's ready for the big switch and hopefully he adjusts to it well. I can definitely see him getting out of bed and looking at his books, etc, but his room is pretty safe so hopefully it's a smooth transition.

Ethan is really into the movie Cars right now and I found this super cute bedding set online at Buy Buy Baby that I would like to get him soon. I saw another one for half price at Walmart...but, not too thrilled with Walmart or the quality of their products so definitely gonna go with this one. I just thought I would post a picture of it - it makes me a little teary - you know, to know my little boy is growing up and hitting these milestones. I'm so blessed to have healthy children who are full of life, love and joy. There's nothing quite like being a momma - it's the best gift I've ever been given.

Looking forward to the weekend! Tomorrow morning I've got the baby closet and then after the kids naps we are headed to Milford to enjoy some Thai food to celebrate Jeremy and I's Birthdays with my family. Then back to my parents for cake, presents and celebration. I love my family - always look forward to our birthday celebrations.

Next week is our Birthday/Anniversary week so that is always a fun week for us. Monday we'll be headed to dinner and a movie (something we've only done twice since the kids have been born) so that will be a special treat. I can't believe we've been married almost 7 years - I couldn't be more in love. What a special and amazing man I married. Love you JD.

Wednesday is Jer's Birthday and Thursday is mine. I'm going out with about 12 of my girlfriends for dinner (Sagebrush - yum, yum) and then the movies to see "The Switch" - the new Jennifer Aniston movie. Should be a super fun time - I rarely go out with my girlfriends for a night out so I'm really looking forward to it!

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend, I know I will!

Momma Keri ♥

1 comment:

Happy Mama (Lisa Gonzalez) said...

Girls night out sounds great. Enjoy!