Aug 23, 2010

7 Years ♥

In less than 2 hours (7 years ago) I was about to become Mrs. Jeremy Harrison. I wasn't nervous at all (ok, except for falling down the brick path way that led me to my soon to be husband) to marry Jeremy. I knew he would forever be faithful to me and love me unconditionally. He was my best friend and I couldn't wait to be his wife.

The day was perfect. We got married outside by the water - just a small ceremony with 50 people in attendance. We then headed over to my parents for our reception in the backyard that looked so nice with the big white tents and beautiful tables. We had the most perfect weather - not a drop of rain. We were surrounded by 130 of our closest friends and family and it was such a memorable day.

Here's my daddy-o walking me down the aisle. Man, I sure was skinny :)
And here is one of my favorite pictures of Jeremy and I on our special day.Here's a pic of Jeremy and his brother - my man is so good looking :)My man and I sneaking in a kiss at the reception ♥And me and my girls having so much fun jumping on our trampoline :)

The wedding was fun but marriage is the real test of love. I'm not going to say it's always been easy because we've had hard days too - like every other marriage does at some point but married life has been wonderful and I love being married. I always prayed that God would bring me a husband that had some qualities that I admired in my Grandpa and He did. That really sweet and sensitive side. A man that didn't raise his voice at me or have a temper. That was huge for me. In the 10 years I've known Jeremy and the 7 we've been married he's never once raised his voice at me and I know he never will. That's such a big deal for me - thank you baby for never raising your voice at me and for always loving me. You're the best thing (aside from Jesus) that has ever happened to me.

Fast forward 5 years into our marriage. On Valentine's Day of 2008 we welcomed our first child, a baby boy into our lives. Although Ethan is one of the most amazing gifts I've ever received, the day he was born was one of the worst days of my life. I had an extremely hard labor - wow - I don't even like going back to that day. It was just horrible. I say this to say that Jeremy was amazing during all of it. Rooting me on, encouraging me, crying with me when I was in so much pain - he's truly a wonderful man, I feel so blessed. I'll never forget when I was going through the worst of the pain and he leaned in and whispered to me, "Baby, you're doing great. Just think...pretty soon you'll have a baby in your arms." And I said, "I.....don't....care.....about....the.....baby!!!" LOL. Oh labor - it truly is quite the experience.

Here is one of my all time favorite photos of Jeremy holding Ethan at just a couple days old. Not sure why I love it so much. I suppose because I knew what a blessed son Ethan would be to have a daddy who would love him all his life. And look at Ethan...I just think he is scrumptious in this photo! It's one of my very favorites ♥And here we are going home as a family of THREE!

Fast forward another year. Our beautiful baby girl was born. Jeremy and I both cried when she was born. I remember crying with Ethan's but it was because I was in so much pain still and I was so glad it was over. With Gracelyn it was that special moment - happy tears - we have a daughter!! Here is my favorite picture of Gracelyn as a newborn. Thank you Christina Kingsley :) And here we are....going home as a family of four ♥

Fast forward to now...we are still in love, even after having 2 babies :) There's nothing like having a baby that is part you and part the man you love the most. It's such a special gift and what a beautiful love story. We are excited to have one more little peanut on the way and we're enjoying this life that God has blessed us with.

Happy Anniversary, JD. I will love you always and can't wait to spend another 7 years by your side.

Love,
Me ♥

No comments: