Jun 8, 2010

A year ago today...

I was very pregnant!

I was 4 days past my due date with Gracelyn and wondering when this little one was going to come out and meet us! It was later that night around 6pm that I started to have contractions and then we headed to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning - around 3:30 in the morning. Jeremy always loves how I like to go into labor in the middle of the night - ha ha. Hey, these things are out of my control :)

It's hard to believe it was just the three of us still at this time last year...I remember feeling like Ethan was my baby...even though he was 16 months old already...but he was my baby...then Gracelyn was born and I was away from Ethan for a couple of days and holding this new little peanut at the hospital. I remember coming home and hugging and snuggling Ethan and thinking he was SO big. Funny how that is. Oh how I disliked being away from him for those 2 nights - I missed him so much! I'm just not that mom who wants to be away from her kids often. While I love having a date night here and there with my hubby I just love being with my kids as much as possible. They bring me so much joy, and I feel so blessed that I get to hang with them everyday. They are so much fun.

Here's a picture of me in the hospital waiting for "Bertha" to arrive. :) Little did I know that my labor with Gracelyn would be even longer than Ethan's!

This past Saturday was Gracelyn's 1st Birthday celebration. It was so much fun and thank you to all our close friends and family that made it out to the party. We appreciate you. Gracelyn was looking adorable as ever in her little tutu and onesie and she definitely enjoyed playing outside, opening presents and eating cake :) Here are some pictures from her big bash.

Looking adorable as ever in her tutu
Enjoying my very own cake that mom made for me. It was really yummy!Opening some presentsDaddy, Mommy and the Birthday GirlMommy and G
Expect a special Birthday post tomorrow ♥

Love,
Momma Keri

No comments: