Jun 17, 2009

My Wedding Ring

So Monday night I decided to put my wedding ring back on. My fingers were back to being skinny and I've missed wearing it and was excited to wear it again. I had it on for about a half hour and it started to feel a little tight and was a little uncomfortable so I thought I better take it off. Well, it wouldn't come off! My finger started to swell and it got so swollen that I absolutely could not get it off.

We tried olive oil, soap and water, windex, lotion, saran wrap, put my hand in ice cold water...all things the internet said to try. No luck, this ring was NOT coming off. This of course happened at 10:30 at night. So, Jeremy and I prayed that the swelling would go down and I could get the ring off. After about an hour my finger was really starting to hurt and I just knew we had to go to the ER and have them cut it off. Of course we were trying to avoid this but it was too swollen and I knew that was the only way it would come off.

I was so so mad at myself...Jeremy kept trying to calm me down and tell me I did nothing wrong I simply put my wedding ring back on...but I was so mad because now it was 2 in the morning and I had to call my mom to come over to stay with Ethan so we could go to the ER. We had to take Gracie with us because she is strictly nursing and hasn't had a bottle so she had to come along too. I was like great, the ER is the last place I want my 6 day old baby!!

Anyhow, we got there and were in the waiting room waiting....and I heard this lady go to the front desk with her little boy and say, "I've been waiting 3 hours." I almost died...3 hours!! Well praise God because they just brought me back to this little area since I didn't have to see a doctor or anything within 15 minutes of getting there. They got their nifty tool and cut my ring off :( I was so bummed but at that point I was a little more concerned about my finger and not getting it amputated :) One of the doctor's did come to look at it...he couldn't believe how swollen it had gotten so fast...and so we all just decided to have fun with it and were making jokes :) They got me in and out so I was really happy about that.

My beautiful ring is now in two pieces and one day when we have the money we'll get it fixed or buy a new band if it can't be fixed. It's a bummer as the band was $1,000 and no we don't have insurance on it but money is just money and it's not the end of the world.

Anyhow, that was my crazy story and it will definitely be a story to write about in Gracelyn's scrapbook.

Yesterday we took the kids (that sounds so weird) over to my parents to celebrate my sister's 30th Birthday. We made homemade pizza's, had my mom's yummy oreo dessert and just hung out as a fam and it was fun. I love you Kris!

All is well with us....I love being a mom of two and it's actually a lot easier than I thought so far and I've really been enjoying them both.

Be blessed!
Mommy of two beautiful kids

No comments: