May 7, 2009

36 Weeks


I can't believe I'm already 36 weeks pregnant with our 2nd baby! I know I keep saying it but man has time really flown by...it's so crazy to think she could very easily come this month!

My hospital bag is packed and ready to go and I've been cleaning and nesting and I feel ready. Can't wait to meet this little peanut.

I just got back from my 36 week appt. with my midwife. I had my Group B Strep test today and am praying that comes back negative, I'll find out at my next appt. The baby is doing great and was kicking and moving again while she was listening for her heartbeat...she said her heartbeat was around 152 and would speed up to 170 when she kicked and that is great and what you want to see. It sounds like she's a healthy little girl, praise God!

We went over my birthing plan today so my appt. was a little longer. We talked for a good 45 minutes...can I just say how much I love my midwife? My doctor with Ethan got me in and out...she would never take the time to talk with me that long and go over things. After my really rough labor and delivery with Ethan I feel God has totally blessed me with Jeanne. I feel like I'm not going to be as scared as I normally would be going into labor because she is just so great and has taken the time to go over things with me, what we can do differently this time and it's really made me feel more excited than scared about this delivery which is so God! I told her I would really love to try to get up and walk around, maybe get in the tub or shower, etc. instead of just being plopped on the bed the minute I walk through the door for the rest of the time and of course she encouraged it and getting up and walking around and doing those things can really help get things moving along faster and be comforting. I told her if I'm really suffering and still have hours to go I will want an epidural and that is totally fine with her. I just feel so comforted after talking with her about my experience with Ethan and my concerns, desires, etc for this delivery. She is wonderful.

Now the big question is will she be there for the delivery? There's no way to know...but even if she's not back in time for it I still feel so much better about the whole process...the nurses, being able to get up and try different things if I can and want to, no epistomy, the list goes on and on. My next appt. is on Monday the 18th and I will meet the doctor who would most likely deliver the baby if Jeanne is not back. It would be one of 2 doctors (both women, yea God!) so it will be nice to meet her as well.

I am just so curious when this little one is going to come and how everything is going to go this time. I've been praying about it a lot and already feel God is helping me by bringing me an awesome midwife that reassures me with everything and will be much more supportive during the whole process.

The countdown has begun....everyday I wonder, "When is she going to come? Will she be a May baby or a June baby?" Time will tell :)

Tonight starts off the 2nd annual Women's Conference at our church...it's going to be awesome! There are about 400 of us women signed up from all over and the one speaker that came last year that was so good is back this year...and it's going to just be so refreshing and so wonderful being in his presence and seeing what God wants to speak to all of His daughters about. The theme is Fearless and I'm excited to be able to focus this year...last year Ethan was just 12 weeks so I spent lots of the conference in the cry room nursing him. My mom is coming this year so that will be fun too. It's tonight at 7, tomorrow at 7 and Saturday from 9-1. I'm helping out and running registration with a couple other girls so I'll be there early each day but I'm just excited about it and really looking forward to it!

That's all for now folks!
Keri

1 comment:

Joy said...

Not sure if this is an option, but we had a midwife and a doula. The doula, guaranteed to be there, was the reason our birth went so well. Our midwife wasn't there until closer to the end (which is her job, so I'm not faulting her at all), but there were some really painful contractions before my midwife came that I would NOT have made it through if it weren't for my doula. I can't say enough for how much doulas are worth it. Some food for thought.

I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to meet your little girl! Girls are SUPER fun!