Dec 30, 2008

Goodbye 2008......Hello 2009!




Wow has this year flown by! I feel like it was just a year ago that I was expecting our first baby and now he is 10.5 months and I am pregnant with our 2nd! It's been a crazy year for us....having a baby, moving and expecting another....I feel blessed and thankful for this past year but more excited for 2009. It was sad for me to have to say goodbye to my daycare and I'm just glad we are past it now and moving forward.

We had a wonderful Christmas. We spent the morning and afternoon at my parents with my family and then spent the rest of the night with the Harrison's. It's always such a great time being with family and we definitely enjoyed having Ethan this Christmas. He brings a lot of joy to us and I just love being his mom.

This is the first year we won't be out of town for New Years and that is a weird feeling. My fun Petke family is still getting together as always in Columbus, Ohio but in one house with many Petke's equals no good naps for Ethan! We all know no naps for a baby isn't a fun time so we just decided this year it would be best for us to stay home....and I'm sure it will be the same for next year :( That's ok, we always get together for Thanksgiving so it's all good :)

Our little man Ethan has been sick since Christmas night. He came down with croup again and we ended up making a trip to the ER one night as nothing else was open and he was so miserable and not himself and we wanted to get him checked out. He's ok and they gave him a saline breathing treatment and a dose of steroids to help with the croup but nothing serious....the croup is now gone and now he is getting over a bad cough and cold. My new years resolution for 2009 is not to make a trip to the ER....well, except for delivering the baby of course. Ethan has had 3 trips to the ER in 2008 not including his birth and I have decided hospitals and harrisons aren't a good mix:)

Our other little miracle is kicking now....not a lot and not real strong yet but definitely feel some movements....so fun! I'm 18 weeks today and that means it's time to start my belly pictures :) I take them every 2 weeks and like to scrapbook my growing belly so you will get to share in this journey with me :) A week from tomorrow we will know if we are having a boy or girl...I can't wait and cannot believe how fast it's gone by. We are taking Ethan with us so he will be the first to know if he's going to have a brother or sister :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a fun and safe New Years and a blessed 2009!

Love,
K

1 comment:

Simple Living Lady said...

Happy New Year to you guys! Your Belly looks so cute!