Jan 5, 2009

It's 2009!

It is officially a new year and that is very exciting to me. So excited about 2009....continuing to watch Ethan grow and also for the arrival of our next sweet pea. I am excited that I am a stay at home mom going into this new year and thankful for the hard work and many hours my hubby puts into his job so that I can be home with our kids.

Ethan is still trying to get over his cold....it really has dragged out. I'm so thankful he is happy though and getting better by the day. I was just thinking how much I love him and all the little things he does that makes him Ethan. I love how he smiles when I smile at him. I love how whenever he's in his walker and I say, "I'm gonna get you!" and chase him he laughs and gets so excited and goes really fast trying to get away. I love how he laughs everytime I cut one of his fingernails. I love how he lays his head on my shoulder when I sing to him. I love when I sing the "Noah" song to him and he says Noah back and tries to sing along. I know each baby is different and that our next one will do different cute things than Ethan and I just love all the little things Ethan does to make him him. He's the cutest little boy and I really feel so blessed that he is ours to keep forever....ok, until he meets the girl of his dreams and marrys her but I think we have at least 25 years until then :)

We find out this Weds (2 days!) if we're having a boy or girl and we cannot wait. Jeremy just said to me last night how he really will be so happy with either one. I will too. As much as I would love to have my little girl I know if it's a boy that I will be really excited to have two little boys and that Ethan will have a brother. I think it would be fun...and of course work too :) We've had our girl name picked out since the day we found out we were pregnant but not a boy name. There is a boy name that we are leaning towards right now if it should be a boy but it's not definite at all. Boy names seem to be harder for us. Our ultrasound is at 2....the plan is to have the ultrasound tech write it down on a piece of paper for us (boy or girl), put it in an envelope and we are going to open it in the car. Jeremy is going to tape me opening it so I can share it with all of you. I'll probably post the video on my blog and facebook, etc. so be looking for it sometime Weds night :)

We hope everyone had a great New Years and is enjoying all of God's blessings in 2009....He sure is a GREAT God and is worthy of all our praise.

Stay tuned for the gender of the baby on Weds...

Keri

No comments: