Apr 3, 2011

Boy or Girl?

I had my ultrasound this past Thursday and we were able to find out that another little boy is on the way :) We are so excited. We both felt boy from the beginning - and I've been desiring another little boy for some time now so I was excited. Most importantly, all we prayed for is a healthy baby and the ultrasound tech told us that everything looks great and as it should. Thank you Jesus!

I told the tech this was our third baby and that we have one of each and that I would like to see if I can guess what the baby's gender was. She got to the spot and said ok, here we are. I looked at the screen and it was quite obvious it was a little boy and when she confirmed my guess I quietly screamed and clapped with excitement. A little boy. How wonderful!

It made me really grateful also that Gracelyn is a girl because I've always wanted a daughter and knowing this will be our last baby (unless God decides to change our minds or surprise us with another) it just made me so happy all over again that I have my girl too. I look forward to the days where the boys go off to a Michigan game and Gracelyn and I have a girl day together. Will be so much fun! I'm sure she'll want to go to some games too (as will I) but it will just be special to have those times alone with my girl too.

We've had this little one's name picked out for quite some time. His name will be Lincoln Jude. I fell in love with the name Lincoln awhile back and it's been my top boy name ever since. At first we thought we would use Drew for the middle name as we've both always loved that name but then I came up with Jude and it just felt right. I love the meaning which is "Praise;Thanks" and of course it's a biblical name so we love that. Also, Jeremy's mom name is Judith and we always call her Jude so we thought that would be neat too.

I can't wait for Ethan and Gracelyn to meet him. Ethan is so sweet with babies and so sensitive. He adjusted extremely well when Gracelyn was born. The first time we brought him up to the hospital to see her we could tell he was a little confused - but seeing as he was only 15 months of course he didn't understand what was going on or what a baby was. But, once we came home he did so great with her, never acted jealous and always looked out for her and wanted to see her every morning when he woke up. It always made my heart so happy to see him looking out for his little sister when she was so little. And he still looks out for her now - just like brothers should! It's so sweet to watch. I know he will love having a little brother just as much.


Gracelyn really loves her baby dolls and babies so I think she is going to love having a real baby at home. It will be so cute to see them with Lincoln and I can't wait for cute photos of my 3 babies together! I just love being a mom! I'm so blessed.

I can't wait to see what he looks like and snuggle him and hold him close. Here's a few photos of our little guy. The first one is of his profile and the second is proof he's a boy :)

The tech said he weighed 7 ounces - which is normal for his age and as of tomorrow (my 18th week mark) he will be the size of a sweet potato :) At 18 weeks it says that: baby has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon. I've already felt some movements this past week and it's so wonderful! Oh how I love being pregnant!

Just wanted to share our big news and give thanks to God for blessing us with another healthy baby.

Love, Momma Keri

No comments: