Mar 28, 2011

Bittersweet

The past few days have been bittersweet for me. Yesterday was my due date with the baby we lost. It's been hard for me and really sad. While I'm so thankful for the new life God has blessed us with, I miss that baby and wish he/she could have been healthy and part of our family. Losing a baby is such a hard thing to go through - it's just such a deep feeling of loss. I'm thankful for God's love and that He's carried me through. He is so good.

As far as this little one growing in my belly, I'm 17 weeks today and baby is now the size of an onion :) We find out on Thursday what we're having and I'm looking forward to my appt. My appt. is early in the morning but we won't be able to post our video until after Jeremy gets home from work that day so Grandma's, you'll have to be patient until then :) I'll be sure and post it on the blog when it's up and email you once it is so you don't have to check every 3 minutes :) All I'm praying for is for baby to be healthy and for everything to look good with baby.

I'm pretty sure the past few days I've felt the baby moving and kicking a little bit so that's been fun. I love that feeling and love being pregnant :)

Saturday I went to visit my cousin Tara and see her new baby boy Dawson. What a sweet baby, he's really cute! I did a little newborn session for her and started working (aka editing) some of the photos last night. I got some precious ones and can't wait for her to see them all. Here's a little sneak peek :) Isn't he adorable? It made me anxious to meet our little one and meet him/her. I can't wait!

Nothing else too new with us. We are still waiting on our appliances, and washer and dryer so we've been living out of a mini fridge for over a week now. It's getting old :) I'm ready to start cooking again and not eat out so much. It gets expensive when you don't want to eat fast food.

We went ahead and ordered the carpet for our basement stairs this weekend. It will be a couple weeks before it's in but it will be so nice and safe for the kids. I was surprised how much carpet/padding costs for just stairs but I guess it's harder and more time consuming to do then just laying a big roll in a room down so that's why it's so pricey. Oh well, it will be worth it!

We are loving our new home and so are the kids. I'm so grateful to God for this new home of ours and blessing us with an amazing home to raise our kids in. It's perfect.

Hope you are all well and that you have a great week!

Stay Blessed,
Momma Keri

No comments: