Feb 7, 2011

Please pray for Kate

Hi Family and Friends,

I ask one simple thing from you all today. Will you please take a few minutes of your day today and pray for this little girl? I'm sure you've heard me mention her before here on my blog, as I've been following her journey for the past year a half.

For those of you who don't know, Kate was diagnosed with a brain tumor about a year and a half ago. She has gone through very high doses of chemo, radiation and many other things and a few months ago her parents shared the most amazing news. Kate's latest MRI was clean - no more cancer. Glory to God!!! Millions of people have heard of Kate's story, she's been on the Dr. Phil show - and we were all rejoicing in their glorious news. It has been a long and hard journey for Kate and for her parents. I've come to love Kate so much - she is such a sweet and special little girl.

Every few months for the next few years Kate has to have an MRI to see how things are going. Well, this last week on February 1st she had her MRI and they were all believing for a continuous clean scan. They were devastated to hear there were some new spots. I can only imagine their pain. Just imagining it hurts my heart so much - it brings me to tears. It is not definite yet that it is cancer, but, obviously that's what the doctor's believe it is.

They should know I believe this week if those spots indeed are cancer. They are boldly praying and believing for the PET scan to come back showing it's not cancer or for the spots to simply be gone. They know it would be nothing short of miraculous.

I'm just heartbroken for them and yet I believe that God can completely heal and restore Kate. I truly do. He has answered so many prayers throughout this journey for them already. The doctors didn't know if she would be able to walk again after all the treatments she went through. She's walking, riding her bike and her hair is growing back. I firmly believe that her story has reached so many...in countries all over the world because God has a very special plan for this little girl's life. I believe it's so that she will grow up to proclaim God's goodness, love, grace and healing power and what He did for her as a little girl. I believe her life will be a testimony - that those who don't believe - will believe. I've been praying this and believing this from the first day I heard her story.

So, I'm asking you today to please join me in prayer. This family needs our prayers desperately and Kate has been close to my heart. Holly (Kate's mom) shared on her blog last week that once they received that devastating news they had a talk with Kate. Kate is 7 and she understands what's going on, that's she been battling cancer and of course throughout her journey they have inevitably talked about heaven. She cried to her momma and said, "Mommy, I don't want to go to heaven without you. I would miss you too much." Holly replied, "I don't want to go without you either baby." Kate then whispered in her mom's ear, "No matter what....I'll always love you."

Tears roll down my face as I even type that. The thought of having to even have that conversation with one of my kids is so painful. We know heaven is going to be amazing...but as parents we don't want our babies to go there before us. Holly shared how they try to not cry around the kids (Kate has a big sister Olivia and little brother Will) but sometimes they just let it out. She shared how after that conversation with Kate she had to go alone to her room and cry. I can only imagine her pain - it's painful to even think about.

If you would like to follow Kate's story, here's her mom's blog. You can receive email updates every time there's a new post.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate

Also, today they are asking those who can and are able to fast for Kate. To stand in the gap for her and pray, pray and pray some more. If I wasn't pregnant, I would do it in a heartbeat. Regardless, I will be praying all day. Here is a link to Aaron's blog (Kate's dad) on fasting today and their hearts cry. http://aaronmcrae.wordpress.com/

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for praying for this precious little girl.
Believing for healing,
Momma Keri

No comments: