Jul 20, 2010

4 Weeks Prego



I'm 4 weeks, 2 days and that means the baby is just the size of a poppyseed right now. Itty bitty huh? I am always so in awe of the miracle of life! There is nothing quite like creating a little person that is half you and half the one you love - it's just an amazing experience!

I'm pretty sure I've decided that I want to wait to find out the gender until birth and let it be a surprise. I love surprises and cannot imagine a better surprise! We have names already picked out for both genders and seeing as we already have one of each I have clothes for both. The only thing you really need in the beginning is diapers, wipes, some receiving blankets and clothes so I should be all set! Of course I will still buy some new special things for this baby as I did with the other two but I really want to wait and be surprised. Jeremy doesn't think I can do it. He says he will pay me $100 if I can :) He doesn't care either way, he says it's up to me. I don't know if I can do it either but I'm determined to try! Plus, seeing as my labors are dreadfully long (and don't tell me this one will be shorter....everyone told me that with Gracelyn's and it was longer!) not knowing the gender will only give me that excitement and more motivation to bring that baby into this world.

Will it be a boy or girl? What is your guess? Jeremy and I both felt strong it would be a boy but now we both aren't as confident. He still leans towards boy but says he's not as sure as he was with the last two. Both my parents say girl. I would be completely thrilled to have either so it doesn't matter to me. It doesn't matter to Jeremy either. A healthy baby is all we pray for! I used to always feel that Ethan would be my only boy - so we'll see if that's true. It will be so fun not to know :)

So far I'm feeling pretty tired and getting naps in when I can. My sciatic nerve was really acting up last night. I thought to myself, "Oh Lord! Already? I'm only 4 weeks." It bothered me really bad when I was pregnant with Ethan but not as much with Gracelyn. It comes and goes.

I did this little chinese calendar thing (I did it with the last two also) where you plug in your age when you conceived and the month you conceived and it spits out if it's a boy or girl. It says girl. Well, it was wrong about both Ethan and Gracelyn. Haha. Maybe it will be right this time? Looks like we won't know until March or April :)

Well, that's all for now. Just thought I'd post a baby update. It still hasn't hit me that I'm pregnant again - eeeekk!

A blessed momma of three,
Keri

No comments: