Mar 17, 2010

9 Month Well Visit

Gracelyn had her 9 month appt. yesterday. She is doing well but is our petite little girl. Just the way a girl should be!

Her stats:

Weight: 17lbs, 1 oz
Length: 28.5"

Ethan's stats at the same age were 21.9 lbs (whoa!) and 31" - she is definitely a girl. Boys are typically chubbier and bigger plus Ethan was on formula which packs on more weight than breast milk. Ethan was just learning to scoot on his belly at 9 months and Gracelyn has been crawling for months, standing on her own, walking alongside the couch and has even taken a few steps. Ethan would gag on any finger food at this age where Gracelyn chows anything put in front of her. So funny how different kids really are!

The doc said she is doing well though, her head circumference is back to being normal and growing just fine so there's no worries there. Her weight has slowed down but it's fine - he said they will just keep an eye on it and make sure she continues to pack on the pounds. She loves to eat so I don't see that being a problem :) I told him she has accidentally had peanut butter twice (big brother has been so kind to share with her) and she didn't have any allergic reaction so he said I can probably give it to her and she should be fine. He gave me the go ahead to give her pretty much anything to eat other than honey and of course milk. I asked if she could have deli meat, cheese, etc. because I think she would love to start eating those things and he said yes. Now if only I could get my little man to eat deli meat - lunch would be so easy! :)

Jeremy thinks Gracelyn may be left handed because she always seems to pick up her food with her left hand and Ethan always did right. I hadn't noticed until he mentioned it yesterday so we'll see - time will tell.

Well, Ethan never did end up getting a cold like we thought...he had the fever/runny nose because his first 2nd year molar had finally poked through his gums. I looked in his mouth that morning and sure enough there it was...we've been saying he's been getting a molar in for months and now we have the evidence :) He was only feeling bad on Sunday and has been fine since.

Gracelyn has a bit of a cold but it seems pretty mild, I've only had to wipe her nose a few times and she's in pretty good spirits. I caught it too and have had a sore throat/cold for the past few days. It's the first time I've been sick since before the kids were born - I don't get sick often. I'm thankful that it's just a cold.

The kids are so cute together. They play together everyday and chase each other and laugh - it's so precious. Gracelyn also gives kisses now - it's adorable. If you get kinda close to her face and ask for kisses she opens her mouth and leans her face into yours. So cute. I'm thinking she saw Ethan doing this with us and picked it up that way seeing as we did not teach her to do this. She is really growing up! Just a couple more months and I'll be planning her 1st Birthday party! Wow. It makes me a little sad seeing as she may be our last baby. We haven't decided on that yet and I go back and forth all the time. Either way, we won't be having another one for a little while if we decide to have one more. We'll see :)

Tonight I am heading to church to help out with the Baby Closet. We are swapping out the fall/winter clothes for the spring/summer clothes and it's a big (but fun) job so we are always in need of extra volunteers for these times which is only twice a year. My MIL is coming with me tonight to help so it will be great to have another set of hands to help sort and fold clothes. Thanks for coming with me Jude!

We played outside on the swing set with the kids last night and we went on our first walk last night as a family of four. It was so nice out and both the kids loved the stroller ride in the double stroller. They looked so adorable sitting in it and I felt so blessed just looking at them. I mean, how do you get a boy and girl cuter than those two? I don't think it's possible. They are precious. I also felt blessed to have such a wonderful husband who I am in love with still after almost 7 married years together. He's my best friend for life. He's an amazing husband and daddy - I love you JD!

I know I know, enough mushy-mush talk right? Too bad, this is my blog and I will write the way I want ;)

Much Love,
Momma Keri

No comments: