Dec 9, 2009

It's been half a year....


Since our baby girl was born! Can you believe that? I cannot. It seems like just yesterday I was overdue and waiting for her to make her appearance and now she's already 6 months old. It's hard to believe.

Gracelyn is doing great. She is the sweetest little thing and I am just so in love with and thank God so much for giving me such a precious baby GIRL! I love having one of each, and am so glad she has a big brother :) She is scooting everywhere, getting up on all fours, trying to talk, "Baaa Baaa Baaa Baaa" and is just a joy. She is lovin' all sorts of baby food, even spinach! (Which Ethan loved also) She loves her big brother and he can make her laugh like no one else, it's the cutest thing! I can't wait to see them grow up together and for Gracelyn to be able to play with Ethan. She tries to play with him right now but of course is limited with her scooting. It's like the tortoise and the hare....Ethan runs off and Gracelyn slowly scoots trying to catch him, lol.

As far as her sleeping habits, well, they haven't been the greatest lately. She used to sleep so well for us at night but for the past month she is getting up 2-4 times in the night. Ever since she got sick with that cold that lasted a month her sleeping went downhill. So, momma is feeling more tired now than she was when Gracelyn was just a newborn. Oh well, it is what it is and eventually she will sleep through the night. I don't like to complain about these things (or talk about it much for that matter, then you just have people asking you every week how she's sleeping, if she's sleeping any better, etc and that gets old real fast) and you sign up for sleepless nights when you have a baby and I wouldn't trade it for the world. She was a ball full of energy at 5am this morning. I got up with her and she just played for a good 45 minutes on her belly while I surfed the internet and then she fell asleep on the floor. I quickly picked her up and put her in her crib as I was more than ready to climb back into bed myself.

Just for fun, here's a 6 month photo comparison of Gracelyn and Ethan at 6 months. Both are sooo cute:)


Happy 6 months to our sweet baby girl, we love you so much! I have her 6 month check up next week so I will be sure and post her stats when I get them. All is well with us, it sure is getting cold outside....time to put some plastic on the windows to keep us warm! I'm making a trip to Home Depot tonight.

Hope all is well with everyone and that you are enjoying the season :) I love Christmas time!!

Much love,
Momma Keri

Ps. I am waiting to get the CD of our session with our photographer any day now and once I do I have some adorable pictures to post.

1 comment:

The West's said...

Time does go by soooo fast! She's just so sweet. She and Ethan look so much alike in their 6 month pictures!