Jun 4, 2009

The latest on baby...

I had my appt. this morning with my midwife. It was so wonderful to see Jeanne and know that she is back and will be here for this little girl's delivery.

Please pray for Jeanne, her husband is in the hospital and it sounds like he had another stroke. She's so sweet and was trying to see as many of her patients this morning as possible but had to cancel her afternoon appointments so that she could go be with her hubby. He had a stroke a few months back and lost his speech and other things but has been recovering well and was doing a lot better. As of this morning he was back in the hospital and I felt so bad for her as she has 3 of us girls overdue/expecting this week so I'm sure she's feeling a little overwhelmed although she didn't show it.

Nothing much new to report as far as the baby goes. She asked if I wanted her to check my cervix and I said no thanks! In my opinion, there's no reason to be uncomfortable if I don't have to be...sure I was curious to see if I made any progress and if I was dilated or effaced anymore but even if I was it doesn't mean anything so I just told her no. I go back on Tuesday (if still no baby) for a non stress test and she will check me then and also strip my membranes to try and get labor going. For many women it puts them into labor within 24-48 hours but for others it doesn't change a thing. I would really prefer to go into labor on my own before then so I'm praying for that but if not it's ok and I know she will be born when she's supposed to be.

Jeanne won't talk induction until I believe 2 weeks past my due date so she mentioned the 15th...I would be shocked if I went that long but I guess you never know. This pregnancy has been different than Ethan's from the beginning so there's just no way to know.

Yesterday I felt great....no contractions or cramping....but woke up at 3am with some contractions but they only lasted 5 minutes and that was it. So, she's getting ready but isn't completely ready to meet us yet I guess. My due date according to my ultrasound is today...so I won't be considered overdue until tomorrow....although Jeanne has my due date marked down as the 2nd....but today is probably the most accurate.

On another note, I want to wish my parents a Happy Anniversary today....33 years and counting! I love you both very much and am so grateful to have you as my parents.

Back to the waiting game....tick tock tick tock....

Keri

No comments: