Jun 23, 2009

2 Weeks Old

Our little girl is already 2 weeks old today (picture is from this morning), she's growing up too fast! I teased Jeremy the other day when her umbilical cord fell off...she was 10 days old and I sent him a text saying, "Our little girl is growing up...her umbilical cord just fell off...time for another baby!" and he replied with, "O Lord!" haha....

Gracelyn is doing great...she's a really happy baby and doesn't fuss much. I gave her a bottle of breastmilk for the first time 2 days ago and she did well with the bottle...she is having no problem with the whole nipple confusion thing...she does well nursing and bottle feeding but I am mainly nursing. She eats every 3-4 hours during the day and many nights she will go 6-7 hours between feedings and sleep for a good 5 hour stretch. It is so wonderful and so different compared to Ethan. He was up every 3 hours for months. I am definitely getting more sleep so I am really thankful...especially since I have another child to care for...but I still wake up to pump during the night when she is taking her long stretch of sleep so that's kinda a bummer but overall we are doing so great and I'm feeling good.

I got Gracelyn's newborn pictures back today...they turned out really nice and I can't wait to order some. I really like the photographer I found and plan to use her in the future also....can't wait to get some family pictures done...maybe when Gracelyn is 3 months.

Ethan is doing good...we were over both Grandparents houses this past weekend and seeing as it was a hot and sunny weekend we thought we would see if he wanted to run in the sprinkler. He absolutely LOVES it. Terrified of the pool but loves the sprinkler. He ran in the sprinkler Saturday and Sunday and had the biggest smile on his face while doing it. He is so much fun and I just love my little boy to pieces!

He is really starting to like his little sister too which is so sweet. He comes up to her often to rub her head and always tries to give her her pacifier. He calls her "Dah". Too funny. I think he will really love her when she gets a bit older and they can play together...will be fun to watch!

That's about all to report for now....we are all doing great and adjusting well to being a family of four. We love it!

Love,
J, K, E & G

No comments: