Mar 12, 2009

28 Week Baby Appt.

Well, I just got home from my appt. with my midwife, a couple things to report!

First off, my glucose test came back good so that was great news. No gestational diabetes for me which I'm thankful for. It's common to get it during pregnancy and I was hoping I didn't have it as your diet completely changes and a lot of times you have to poke yourself with a needle everyday, not fun! So, good news on that.

I was a little anemic at this time when I was pregnant with Ethan and so I took iron pills everyday with E. I was just about to ask her about it this time and before I did she said my blood work did show my iron was low but that I'm not anemic at this point. It was 12.9 last time I was in, was 11.2 now and 10.5 or lower is considered anemic. She said it did drop significantly but she doesn't want me on iron at this point if I don't need it since I'm not anemic at this point but she just said to eat more foods with iron and also to take a B Complex vitamin everyday along with my pre-natal vitamin and that should help and most likely take care of that.

They also did a urine culture when they took my blood at the lab and I have E-Coli in my urine so she does have to treat it. She said that everyone has E-Coli in their bodies and that some women do get it in their urine while pregnant and if so then it needs to be treated. I asked why you get it or if it's the way you eat or something that causes it and she said no and that it's just one of those things that can occur while pregnant. So, I have to take a pill twice a day for 10 days called Macrobid (it's an antibotic). I haven't been on an antibotic since I was a kid. She gave me the prescription for it. I have to drink a lot of water when taking it and because it's fighting the bad bacteria it causes me to need more bacteria.....so, I have to eat 2 yogurts a day to build up more good bacteria. It's important for me to drink the water and eat the yogurts because otherwise it can cause a yeast infection so I'm going to do my best to avoid that. I was glad she said yogurt because I like yogurt. So, nothing major really...just a few little things to do.

I start going every 2 weeks now, I can't believe I'm already at that stage. I'm in my 3rd trimester now. So yeah, I go every 2 weeks until I'm 36 weeks and then I go once a week. So, that's the latest with the baby....I didn't even catch the baby's heartbeat count, she never told me we were too busy talking....but it was loud and strong that's forsure.

That's all for now folks!

Keri


No comments: