Feb 16, 2009

Ethan's 1 Year Check-up

Ethan had his one year check-up today. He is doing great and doing everything he should be, the doc said all is well. He is 23 lbs (50% tile for weight) so he gained 2 lbs since his 9 month check-up which is normal. Now that he is walking he's getting that exercise in and burning those calories :) He's about 32 1/2 inches long, 90% tile still for length. The doc said it's really hard to tell how tall he really will be until he's over 2 but he's tall for his age....no big deal!

We decided to hold off on vaccines for now. Jeremy and I have been praying and talking about this since Ethan's been born and neither of us felt comfortable giving them to him at this point. There's no proof that autism is caused by vaccines but there is also no proof that it isn't and autism (especially in boys) has increased significantly and they aren't quite sure why yet, they say it's not genetic. It's not just about the autism thing, just all the man-made chemicals that are in the vaccines we aren't so thrilled about. We've been doing research on the pros and cons and we just don't feel complete peace at this point to move forward with them. I'm sure some people will disagree with this decision but it really does not matter....this is a decision we made at this time for our family and it's our personal choice. Enough said :)

Ethan's party was a lot of fun....we had it here at our apartment and it wasn't as crowded as I thought. It was so nice to see everyone and I especially enjoyed seeing Benjamin and Kimberly, two of the kids I used to watch at my daycare. They brought a lot of joy to my life and I haven't seen them since we closed the daycare in August so I was most excited to see them!

I will try and post a few pics from the party soon, just haven't had the chance to upload them yet.

Alright, there's piles and piles of laundry to fold so I better get on that :)

Until next time,
Keri


No comments: