Sep 30, 2008

The Weekend




This past Saturday was Tommee and Angela's wedding....it turned out to be such a beautiful day and everything about the wedding was so perfect! Ang looked beautiful of course and it was just a really great time and I am so happy for them. They are currently in Rivera Maya, Mexico sitting on a beach somewhere I'm sure....SO jealous! :) Ethan had a long day...daddy watched him most of the day since I was in the wedding and of course Grandpa and Grandma Petke helped too. He did very well for not having a good nap. It was a fun day.

Nothing else too new. I'm 5 weeks today....no morning sickness still so far, we'll see if anything changes. I know typically it starts around 6 weeks. I didn't have any with Ethan so I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't have any this time around either. Would be such a blessing.

We haven't decided forsure yet but most likely we are going to be using a midwife this time. A lot of our friends use the same midwife and after learning more about her and the different techniques she uses I am pretty confident we will go through her. I left a message for her today and we will set up a time to meet with her and go over a couple things. So, if we move forward I will be delivering at McLaren in Flint instead of Genesys. Genesys is newer but it's more important to me to have someone I really like and trust delivering my baby. Wasn't too thrilled with my doctor that delivered Ethan or most of the labor and delivery nurses at Genesys.

We decided this time around that we are going to wait for people to come up to the hospital until hours after the baby is born and we have had time alone with the baby and just time being together. Last time I felt more pressure because everyone was waiting at the hospital so I didn't feel I could really wait even longer once Ethan arrived to introduce him. So, we will still welcome our family and friends who want to come visit the baby but it won't be right away. My mom will come and watch Ethan when I go into labor and then once the baby is born, Jeremy will go home at night to sleep and take care of Ethan.

Well, that's all for now....hope everyone is having a good week!

Love,
Keri and Baby # 2

No comments: