Aug 12, 2008

Ethan's first encounter with sweet potatoes!


So Ethan will be 6 months this Thursday so mommy thought it was time for him to get his first taste of baby food. I decided to go with sweet potatoes. He LOVED them. We got it on video and it was so funny. After the first initial bite he was going crazy. He was leaning forward in his highchair as far as he could trying to get more bites. I simply couldn't feed him fast enough! It was fun and he made a mess. I just can't believe he's almost 6 months and is now eating baby food. He's growing up too fast :(

Well, this past weekend I opened my garage sale again and I decided to put an ad in the paper hoping that would help bring more people. I was opening it at 10am and opened my garage at 9:45 to start organizing some things and there were already 6 cars parked in front of my house! It was craziness for the first hour but I was so thankful and happy! I sold about $500 worth which totally shocked me. So much different than the last time I opened it. The most expensive item I sold was $75 so it's not like I sold one item for $400 or something...we just sold a bunch of stuff we didn't need, it was great! I'm going to open it again soon until everything is gone...that's the hope anyways.

Jeremy and I also decided to go the apt. route. We put a deposit on one and will probably be moving a little sooner than we thought. Probably sometime in September...maybe the middle or end of September. We both have complete peace that this is the right decision for us right now. So as strange as it sounds we are both really excited about moving out of our house into our new apt. It will bring a good change for us right now. We will be in Fenton which is where our hearts are at and we won't have the financial stress of a big mortgage payment and all the bills that come along with having a house. I can stay home with Ethan which was the most important thing to us. I really am looking forward to being with him all day and just having more time to cook dinners and such...I love to cook and haven't had much time to do it so that will be great for me.

Well, we are leaving for vacation this Saturday and I can't wait! We booked this vacation about a year ago. My siblings and some of our cousins started a "family trip" each summer a few years ago. The first time we rented a chalet in the Smokey Mountains and this year we are going up north to Lake Ann. It's right by Traverse City, Petoskey, Boyne, etc. so it should be a great time. There's 11 of us going and I found this really great house to rent for cheap. It was built 2 years ago and it's on 15 acres, has a hot tub and a firepit for smores....it's going to be a blast :) We are going from August 16-23...we will come home on the 23rd which is Jeremy and I's 5 year anniversary! I cannot believe we have been married almost 5 years!

Thanks for reading....that's all for now :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Keri,
thanks for your message. Great that the sale was such a success! I am happy for you, hope the next one is just as good!
Well, enjoy your vacation time up North, sounds like fun. I always loved that area up there!
Will be in Detroit Nov. 12 thru 15, we have to make sure to meet up. I will be staying with Judy-bird!
Take care, hugs Kat