Jul 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!


Well....today is my mom's birthday and I must say that I appreciate her more now than I ever have. Now that I am a mom it really puts into perspective how much work it really is being a mom and I have come to appreciate her even more since Ethan was born. Of course being a mom is an amazing blessing and joy but let's be honest and say it is work too! Needless to say, Happy Birthday Mom....I love you and appreciate you!

Ethan is also 5 months old today. It seems so young in the reality of people living in their 90's but yet somehow I feel he is growing up so fast! He loves balls! We were at my parents a week or so ago and Jeremy kept bouncing a ball in front of him and he would laugh so hard every time...the next thing you know it my whole family is crowded around just watching him and laughing with him...we did that for like 15 minutes...funny how a baby really does steal the spotlight. They are so innocent and sweet, how can you not love them?

He is getting more and more active and wants to crawl so bad and get around but he hasn't even figured out how to scoot yet. I am enjoying the days of him being in one remote location because I know very soon that will change and I will be chasing him around the house, making sure he doesn't get into the toilet or fall down the stairs. He is simply the cutest baby boy around and we of course grow to love him more and more as the days go on.

It's funny though...countless people told me how you have this "moment" when you hold your baby for the first time and "Isn't it amazing the love you have for him the minute you see him?" and to be completely honest I didn't have those feelings. Of course I knew I loved him simply because he was a part of me and a part of Jeremy but my first moment with him was not this amazing emotional experience like everyone portrayed it would be...well, it was emotional but that's because I was still screaming in pain trying to deliver the placenta, lol! I'm kinda glad I didn't have the typical normal "moment" with Ethan because I like being different :) Of course I knew I loved Ethan from the minute he was conceived but for me it took spending time with him before I was completely in love with him....I don't know, does that make sense? I guess I'm just saying that it's okay if you don't experience that "moment" with your child the instant you see them. So, if you are pregnant with your first baby or will be getting pregnant at some point don't let other people make you feel bad or guilty if you don't have that "moment" with your baby when they are just born. If you do, that's fantastic and I'm hoping when baby # 2 is born that I can enjoy those first few moments seeing my baby and that I won't be in as much pain as I was with Ethan. Ok...I'm starting to ramble, sorry...that came out of nowhere...but that's ok, this is my blog so I can write what I want :)

Our family of three is doing great and that is all for now....thanks for reading and listening to my ramblings :)

No comments: