May 6, 2011

It's here!

Lincoln's crib that is :)

We picked it up earlier this week and had a fun little project as a family. I love the crib and really love the black - pretty excited about our new purchase :) Here's a few photos of the kids and daddy putting it together. They loved "helping" and this will make a cute scrapbook page in Lincoln's album.



I found the cutest bedding a couple weeks ago too and ordered it today. I can't wait for it to arrive and to set it up. I'll be sure and post a picture of the final project once it's done. I'm not sure how the bedding will look with the teal colored walls so we may be painting Lincoln's room a light green or light blue to go better with the bedding. We'll see. Here's a picture of the cute elephant bedding set I ordered - I think it's so adorable!

Also, I had an awesome garage sale find! I've been looking at getting a dresser for his room but didn't want to spend much or the money on a new one. So, I've been looking on Craigslist at antique ones that I could refinish and paint black. Our neighbor across the street is moving and happened to have a sale this past weekend. I strolled on over and low and behold there was a cute, antique dresser that was perfect for what I had in mind. She actually refinished it herself and painted it white a few years back but she said it should be really easy to paint black. I'm just debating what I should do to the top. It's a beautiful wood finish and then she hand painted this beautiful tree on it. I would hate to paint over it, it would look cute in a nursery - just not sure it would go with the elephants great or look good once painted black. So, maybe I'll just find something to put on top that covers it - we'll see! Anyhow, I got the dresser for $30 - such a steal - I was pretty geeked :) Can't wait to see how it turns out once painted!




Lincoln seems to be doing well. He's very active and kicks a lot - so it's really fun! I love this stage in pregnancy :)

The kids are doing pretty good. I've been potty training Ethan the past couple weeks and we've had our good days and bad - but I haven't been hard core about it. I tried that the first couple days and just felt too frustrated and stressed and I didn't like it. So, I'm just being much more relaxed about it now and it seems to be working better for all of us. Ethan often tells us when he has to go poo poo which is so great. I thought it would be months before that happened. So that's encouraging and I'm just going with the flow.

Gracelyn is a little under the weather. I think she caught some bug up in the nursery this past Sunday. Both her and her BFF Ainsley both came down with the same symptoms on the same day and they were both in the nursery so I'm sure that's where they got it. G has really been very healthy since she's been born so I haven't seen her sick much. She's had a runny nose, fever and watery eyes and some congestion. We were supposed to have a date night tonight (dinner AND a movie - haven't done this in over a year!) but I decided to cancel the sitter since G is a bit under the weather. Oh well, such is life! I'm sure she'll feel lots better by time the weekend is over. Until then, lots of snuggles and kisses from momma and daddy :)

I hope you all enjoy the weekend - it's so nice to be having warmer weather and know that spring is finally here. No more snow for awhile - yay! Next time I see snow I'll be nursing a little baby boy - I can't wait :)

I hope all you momma's out there have a wonderful mother's day! We always get together with my mom's side of the family for lunch so that will be nice and then everyone is invited back to our house afterwards for dessert, to chat and play games. Should be a great day!

In honor of Mother's Day, below is a picture of my very first Mother's Day and then also a photo of my mom and I. It was taken Christmas morning - the day she found out I was pregnant with our Lincoln. Such good memories to cherish for years to come!




Much Love,
Momma Keri

No comments: