Aug 2, 2010

6 Weeks Pregnant


I'm 6 weeks, 1 day. The baby is now the size of a sweet pea. Wow, he/she is really growing up :) "Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin. Those little hands and feet -- still webbed like paddles -- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate." Pretty neat huh? I'm feeling pretty good - just hungry all the time. I am starting to feel sick when I'm hungry and don't eat right away but once I eat I feel fine. It's what happens with all of my pregnancies usually until the 2nd trimester.

I am back on the hunt for a girl name. I thought we had chosen a name but have now changed our minds. I was really trying to find a name that ended in "n" to stick with our theme but I've been looking at girl names for months and haven't found anything that I feel is "the one". So, this only deepens my feelings that this baby is a boy. We have a name we feel strong about and have had it before this little one was conceived. And, from our experience it seems like we've always gotten strong feelings on a name for the gender we ended up having. So, I will be shocked if this is a girl...but thrilled either way.

I laugh that no one thinks I am capable of waiting until the baby is born to find out the gender. I know I can do it, it's just deciding 100% if I want too. It's always great knowing what you're having but what fun it would be to wait and experience that big surprise. I told Jeremy if we aren't settled on a girl name before my big ultrasound day then I will want to find out because otherwise I would be in a panic. Just the way I am - need to feel settled on these type of things! We have many months to keep looking for that perfect name - it's fun looking.

Ethan and Gracelyn are doing well but still getting over their sickness. It's going on almost 2 weeks. Ugh. They both still have coughs but that's about it. Coughs seem to drag out. I prayed Gracelyn would sleep through for me last night because she didn't sleep well the night before. She did...but I prayed for the wrong child. Ha! Ethan was up from 1:45-4:15 last night. Wide awake, crying, wanting to watch tv. *Big yawn*. I am quite tired this morning. We've really been limiting his sweets, barely giving him anything sugary actually but daddy let him have an ice cream cone yesterday after dinner (since he ate well) so I think that sugar is probably what kept him up. No more sugar for that little boy!

I have some really amazing news. Little Kate, the 6 year old girl that I have been following her story for the past 13 months...she has been suffering with a brain tumor. I have grown to love her as my own and her parents have been through SO much heartache and pain this last year. She has been through many rounds of strong chemo, radiation and all the things that come with it. Losing her hair, throwing up, losing mobility in parts of her body - wow - it's been a journey just to read about and I can't imagine what her parents have gone through. The tumor has been inoperable due to it's location and the statistics of kids who get through it have not been encouraging to say the least. But in my heart from the very beginning I have felt that God was going to heal this little girl. Her story has reached thousands, millions of people. She was even on the Dr. Phil show. I have just felt that her story reached so many because God was going to heal her and her life was going to be a testimony of His love, grace and healing power to many people. She's a special little girl and her love for life is contagious.

Well, on Friday she had her PET scan. She has had many MRI's and they all have still shown cancer. How heartbreaking. If this last round of treatments....the study they had done on her was not successful they said the chances of survival were slim. The results are in and they were told on Friday that the mass in her brain is NEGATIVE for cancerous activity!!!!! It was the best news I had heard in a long time! Thank you Jesus!!!! They said they still have a long road ahead but that was the best news EVER and how deeply they longed to hear that news over the past 13 months. So, I wanted to say thank you to anyone who prayed for Kate - your prayers were heard and He did a miracle for sweet Kate. It brings the biggest smile to my face. Please continue to pray for them as they still have a long journey ahead. Many children relapse and that is a constant battle in their minds they have to fight.

Hope all is well with everyone and thanks for reading.

Love,
Momma Keri

6 comments:

Claire said...

How about Peyton??? ;)

~The Harrison Family~ said...

:) There's already a Payton in the Harrison fam - she was born the day after Ethan :)

Anonymous said...

Robin? Still my fave... (or Robyn)

~The Harrison Family~ said...

Haha...we know you love Robin, Jude...sorry, I don't care for it!

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, Lauren, Jacklyn, Jaden, Kitten(?),Logan, Kellen???

~The Harrison Family~ said...

Logan? For a girl? Um, no thanks!

We have a couple names we are thinking about...so we'll see. We may just end up taking a list of girl names to the hospital and if it's a girl we'll decide what fits then.