Feb 13, 2010

Two years ago today...

I was 39 weeks, 3 days pregnant waiting and hoping Ethan would be born on Valentine's Day. You see, my sweet husband asked me to marry him on Valentine's Day of 2003 so it was a special day for us. It marked our 5 year anniversary of our engagement. When my water broke at midnight on the 13th I was so excited because I knew we would get our Valentine's baby! Little did I know that it would be one of the worst days of my life - lol.

I was not that mom that was instantly in love with my new baby. People act like you instantly have this overwhelming love for your baby. I did not. After pushing for almost 3 hours, (wishing someone would just shoot me because I thought that would honestly hurt less) I barely had the strength to hold Ethan. I had complications after he was born so I was still in a lot of pain for another hour or so. I remember them finally handing Ethan to me and I felt like I could barely hold him. I was still in so much pain and just in shock - I was so weak. I remember telling the nurses, "Just send in the Grandma's" because I literally did not have the strength to hold my little 7lb.3oz. baby.

Of course becoming a mom is one of the best things that ever happened to me but I can't look back and say the day he was born was one of the best days of my life. I look at him now and just melt as he is simply the sweetest little boy and I couldn't love him any more! He will always be my Valentine :)

Here's a picture of me the day we found out we were pregnant. Father's Day :)

Here's me @18 week Pregnant

And here's me @ 38 weeks Pregnant - a very swollen Keri! Amazing what pregnancy can do to your outward appearance ;)


I will be sure and blog again tomorrow with more pics :) Tonight is Ethan's Birthday Party at our house with some family - should be a fun time!

In love with a little boy named Ethan,
Momma Keri

No comments: